Instapaper's web redesign, rewriting code, code maintainability, the mess of smartphone photo management, and backup challenges for non-nerds.
- Instapaper's web redesign beta.
- Rewriting a codebase from scratch.
- Understandable code and writing for maintainability.
- The balance between easy-to-write but unimpressive apps and implementing cutting-edge features that require messy hacks.
- The horrible mess of smartphone photo management and backup.
- How much should Apple protect people from hardware failures or carelessness? (See also: John's old two-hard-drives article.)
- Technical and economic challenges of Apple automatically backing up all of your photos and videos.
- Non-nerd backups.
- After-show: OS X Ivericks, Gruber on interface familiarity, Edge Cases on filesystems.