Bugshot, its omitted and future features, and exploring NAS options: Synology vs. homebrew, NAS backup considerations, and hoarding terabytes of Apple videos.
- Marco's new-new app, Bugshot, and some of its design decisions.
- Cutting features from 1.0 and trying to keep Bugshot from taking too much time.
- Bugshot gets the John Siracusa treatment.
- Exploring NAS options and initial impressions of the Synology DS1813+.
- Economics of FreeNAS or Mac Mini alternatives.
- iSCSI on Macs: the
free$89 globalSAN initiator and the $195 ATTO initiator, which comes recommended by storage expert Dave Nanian.
- NAS backup options, since Backblaze doesn't do network drives: CrashPlan (with widespread upload-speed issues), or Arq (with potentially expensive Amazon Glacier or S3 costs).
- Backing up Mac filesystem metadata, Backup Bouncer, and current scores of online backup apps.
- Data hoarding and falling into John's backup vortex.
- The Apple Keynotes podcast feed.