85: The Unexpected Hard Part
Adaptive apps, iPhone 6 Plus scaling, invisible spreadsheets, marquetry, and proprietary eponyms.
- John defends his derision about the load-bearing finger
- Accidental Build and Analyze about iOS 8 size classes and adaptive UI
- Write-up by Justin Williams (the "???" square in the grid is the iPhone 6 Plus in landscape)
- iPad resizable-apps video by Steven Troughton-Smith
- Designing Applications
- Continued Follow-Up:
- NFC around the world
- iPhone 6+ scaling
- Bendy iPhones 6
- iPod Touch people
- Marquetry (via @sjsyrek)
- Proprietary eponym
- Jonathan Mann's Harry Potter EP on Kickstarter
- Post-show Follow-Up:
- The Invisible Spreadsheet
- Update on John's review
- Slippery iPhones 6 and cases
- Raizlabs: A full-service development firm looking to hire experienced mobile developers, designers, and product managers in Boston and San Francisco.
- Casper: A mattress with just the right sink, just the right bounce, for better nights and brighter days. Use code ATP for $50 off.
- Squarespace: A better web starts with your website. Use promo code ATP for 10% off.
← Previous Episode • Next Episode →