Developers learning new things, using OS X betas, Thunderbolt 3, what's holding the iPad back, whether tablets will be marginalized by bigger phones and smaller laptops, and the Sega CD.
- Follow-up on pCell and database scaling, including horizontal sharding schemes, tiered data layers, and taking a stand against the "premature optimization" tautology.
- When and why do developers learn something new, and why does Marco keep using PHP for everything?
- OS X Beta Program for End Users
- Casey and Marco make John proud (spoiler)
- New third-generation Thunderbolt details
- Overcast update
- Are iPad sales leveling off? Why?
- Will tablets be marginalized by bigger phones and smaller laptops?
- New Relic: See your web app's performance and find bottlenecks anywhere in the stack. Start your 30-day free trial.
- lynda.com: Learn at your own pace from expert-taught video tutorials. Free 7-day trial.
- HelpSpot: Simple, powerful, customizable help-desk software with no monthly fees. Use code ATP14 for $100 off.