Flexible phones, interviews and books by hacks, VR headsets, and sexism.
- Follow-up on the complexity of computer science versus other fields: quotes and videos from MIT's SICP class (9:00–10:45).
- The death of the iPad 2, the use of sapphire in Apple devices, sapphire versus Gorilla Glass, and the flexible LG phone.
- Haunted Empire, the Jony Ive book, the Jony Ive interview, access to Apple, and hiring hacks for tech stories.
- Sony's Project Morpheus VR headset and initial impressions
- The Oculus Rift
- Michael Abrash's blog posts:
- Two Possible Paths into the Future of Wearable Computing Part 1
- When it comes to resolution, it's all relative
- Latency – the sine qua non of AR and VR
- Raster-Scan Displays: More Than Meets the Eye
- Game Developers Conference and space-time diagrams
- Why virtual isn't real to your brain
- Down the VR rabbit hole: Fixing judder
- John Carmack and his latency mitigation strategies
- Casey's birthday party as a child
- Why Oculus hopes Project Morpheus is good
- The GitHub hubbub, sexism, and how to get better (such as App Camp for Girls).