Flappy Bird hamburgers, things John likes, WhatsApp, and replacing Objective C (Copland 2010).
- Follow-up on why Flappy Bird was successful.
- Kieran Healy's excellent article with science.
- John Gruber and Merlin Mann at SXSW '09.
- Goofball Jones' anonymous criticism of John's "shtick", and John's defense including many links:
- An explanation of John's "schtick"
- Some podcasts where John talks about things he likes:
- Masterpiece: Ico
- The Incomparable #100: Who Cares What We Think? - Why we do podcasts about what we think of things, good and bad.
- An ATP episode about how we deal with criticism
- The massive WhatsApp acquistion by Facebook, the huge value of mobile messaging, and the web giants' chilling effect on competition.
- The "Copland 2010" argument that Objective-C needs to be replaced:
- Separating language shortcomings from API shortcomings.
- Casey got us to talk about LINQ briefly.
- Long-term evolution of programming languages.