Major new iCloud security features, more App Store price tiers, updates on Mastodon and Blackbird, and the wonderful world of printers.
- Pre-show: Past-Marco made poor life choices, and today-Marco paid the price
- Mastodon instances and federation
- Hive Social is going… well, it’s not really going actually
- 👍 Merlin is vindicated; it’s a real thing
- 👎 …but it’s not exactly a “share arrow”. But it is. Kinda. Sorta. 🤪
- ButtDB Blackbird has been open-sourced
- Apple announces 3 new “advanced safety features”
- Apple adds 700 new price points to the App Store
- John and Jason discussed on Upgrade #436: I Bend So Many Spoons
- Apple introduces Apple Music Sing
- How does the Mac Studio compare to John’s ideal computer? (via Daryl Thornton)
- How are we backing up our shared photo libraries? (via Mark Roemermann)
- Why can’t we quit
Finder? (via Guilherme Alles)
- Kolide: Cross-platform endpoint security for teams that value privacy and transparency.
- Trade Coffee: Incredible coffee delivered fresh from the best roasters in the nation.
- Backblaze: Backblaze makes backing up and accessing your data astonishingly easy.
Become a member for ad-free episodes and our early-release, unedited “bootleg” feed!