483: The Faceless Knob
Why run copper wires through your walls when you can run fiber?
- Pre-show: Two is one, one is none.
- Cleaning apps and “launch services”
- A hint more on Casey’s frivoLiss ethernet project
- Many recommendations for Monoprice slim 6A patch cables
- Jonathan Litt reminds us about fire stops
- PoE “medusa” cables exist, for USB-C and barrel plugs
- Why bother with ethernet at all? (via Andrew Larson)
- On USB-C KVMs and the Studio Display (via Alex)
- GSuite is now free for “personal use”
- Apple Fitness+ “Studio Tour”
- Quinn Nelson’s Rivian and bad controls
- Quinn’s Instagram video (seek to 1h10m47s)
- 2001 Buick
- Apple Pre-Announces Accessibility Enhancements
- Is there any bespoke music app for listening to concerts? (via Bill Steinbach)
- What Safari extensions are we running and recommend? (via Robert Bateau)
- Noir (App Store link)
- Super Agent
- Vinegar (App Store link)
- How does one remember how one enrolled in a service? (via Brian Hamilton)
- Post-show: Casey’s Ethernet adventure continues
- Squarespace: Make your next move. Use code atp for 10% off your first order.
- Trade Coffee: Incredible coffee delivered fresh from the best roasters in the nation. Get $30 off your first order.
- Linode: Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. New accounts get a $100 credit.
Become a member for ad-free episodes and our early-release, unedited “bootleg” feed!
← Previous Episode • Next Episode →