43: Brilliance Enhancer
John buys a TV.
- Accidental Fountain Screenplay: The Case of Liss by Joe Steel. (And Bionic.)
- Desktop 4K/Retina resolutions hitting bandwidth limitations of Thunderbolt 2 and DisplayPort 1.2, and the Sharp/Apple non-news.
- John's Squarespace-reseller idea already exists.
- Why aren't iOS App Store purchases available for purchasing and management in the App Store app on the Mac?
- John's new TV:
- Technological progression from CRT to plasma and LCD, and the many hacky tricks used by modern TVs to overcome limitations and look better in stores. See also: Hypercritical 16: The Soap Opera Effect.
- The new John Siracusa TV.
- John's TV-calibration regimen.
- Why we're not talking about the iOS notification sync in OS X that never shipped.
- Merlin's response to our criticism discussion, and how Casey reacts to little worms.
- After-show Neutral: the new M3/M4 and John's dead pedal.
- Pixelmator: Full-featured image editing app for the Mac.
- Transporter: A private cloud storage drive that you own and control.
End-of-the-year sale: Use code ATP30 for $30 off any Transporter before midnight on December 31, 2013!
- Squarespace: Everything you need to create an exceptional website. Use promo code ATP12 for 10% off.
← Previous Episode • Next Episode →