33: A 30-Minute Skip Button
More Mac Pro speculation, podcast scrubbers and ad-skipping features, iPhone 5S cases, and automatic battery conditioning.
- When we expected the Mavericks GM (recorded two hours before this).
- Apparent new E5-1680 Mac Pro in Geekbench and what CPU tradeoffs to expect in the new Mac Pro.
- Speculating on the new Mac Pro's fan noise, rotating cable management, and intended desk location.
- FU on John's podcast-scrubber idea. (Spoiler: he knows about the vertical speed-scaling that's been in Apple's scrubber for years, and it's not what he wants.)
- Experimenting with new UI controls and behaviors: some end up being cool and useful in practice, but many don't.
- Marco's brief adventure in designing a custom binary sync protocol.
- The potential conflict of interest of avoiding automatic ad-skipping features in Overcast since Marco gets income from ads on this podcast, and the ethics of publishing all podcasts' subscriber stats on the site.
- iPhone 5S cases.
- Laptop battery health and potential automatic battery conditioning.
- Igloo: An intranet you'll actually like. Free for up to 10 people, and affordable for your entire company.
- Squarespace: Everything you need to create an exceptional website. Use coupon code ATP10 for 10% off.
← Previous Episode • Next Episode →