71: Security By Guilt
Let's put Google I/O in the parking lot so we can talk about Million Dollar Homepage.
- Casey's Showbot returns.
- SPOILER ALERT: The Gist Casey mentioned
- Casey breaks Marco's brain with consulting terminology
- Is "!s" pronounced "bang-S" or "exclamation-point-S"?
- Hat colors
- Google I/O
- Material Design
- Android Auto
- Moto 360 Watch
- Lock-in by visual affordances
- Gmail API
- The API doesn't replace IMAP
- Marco's prediction about IMAP support
- ART Runtime
- Are web APIs still necessary?
- "Follow-down" on Swift and openness (Lattner's comment on Mike Ash's Friday Q&A)
- More silly business metaphors
- Casey's Showbot: web sockets, error handling, and developing for work vs. "play".
- Raizlabs: A full-service development firm looking to hire experienced mobile developers, designers, and product managers in Boston and San Francisco.
- lynda.com: Learn at your own pace from expert-taught video tutorials. Free 7-day trial.
- Squarespace: A better web starts with your website. Use promo code ATP for 10% off.
← Previous Episode • Next Episode →