7: The Forecast For iCloud
Summly and Yahoo, retaining good tech talent, why iCloud sync doesn't work well, whether it's fixable, and whether you should use it even if it gets fixed.
- Summly's acquisition by Yahoo, and what could have justified its price. (Marco, WSJ)
- The quality of speech recognition.
- Challenges of big tech companies such as Apple hiring and retaining great talent.
- Why iCloud sync works so badly for developers and whether it's fixable.
- Why developers shouldn't use iCloud even if it worked.
- Jonathan Mann's ATP Ending Theme Song and the More Bleeps version.
Sponsored by Squarespace: Use code ATP3 at checkout for 10% off.
← Previous Episode • Next Episode →