446: Dead From Fraud
Coding for kids, Apple's class-action settlement, the "reader"-app rule change, and home security cameras.
- Please donate to St. Jude. Cancer sucks, and childhood cancer sucks a lot. Please donate any amount of money, if you can.
- Wirecutter moves behind a paywall
- Best blender is not a wasteland… sometimes.
- Cryptographic hashes vs. Apple’s CSAM Neural Hash
- What happens if governments get involved with CSAM detection?
- Reflections on Trusting Trust (PDF link)
- More Apple PR own-goals: Apple bans a pay equity Slack channel
- Music metadata
- Marco has a request: how do you get a 9-year-old coding?
- Apple’s class-action settlement with “app developers”
- 📣 BREAKING 📣 Apple will allow “reader” apps with their own purchase systems to link out (details to be determined later)
- Korea: Apple & Google must allow developers to use other payment systems
- Home security cameras and HomeKit Secure Video
- Post-show: Casey’s Dock experiments
- Squarespace: Make your next move. Use code ATP for 10% off your first order.
- Linode: Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. New accounts get a $100 credit.
- Fastmail: Email for people who care about their privacy. Start a free, 30-day trial and get 10% off with this link. Check out the Digital Citizen podcast as well!
Become a member for ad-free episodes and our early-release, unedited “bootleg” feed!
← Previous Episode • Next Episode →